Welcome to our AAUW Kaua`i, Hawaii Branch
Chapter President, Bev Tobias, holding the “Equal Pay Day” Proclamation by Kaua’i’s Mayor, Derek Kawakami in March 2021. Bev has recently been invited to serve on the 4-person Hawaii State Ethics Commission. She is also involved with the State “Title 9 Focus Group”. Mahalo Bev for your service on Kaua`i and at the State Level.
In 2021, challenges continue to bring women on our beautiful “Garden Island”, in Hawaii, across the country AND around the world new opportunities to stand up and stand strong for women’s rights.
Please support the American Association of University Women (AAUW) by continuing to stand with integrity for ALL the RIGHTS women have supported for over 140 years!
Women have STOOD UP to be recognized as FULL CITIZENS with the RIGHT to:
- Vote (1920)
- Establish credit in our names (1974)
- Earn Equal Pay for Equal Work (1963) (1974) (2009- Lilly Ledbetter Act)
- End Sex Discrimination in Hiring (1967 (1972))
- Full reproductive rights (1973)
- Freedom to love whomever we choose to love (1974) (1998) (1999)
- To Serve on a Jury (1975)
- End of legal subordination of a wife to her husband (1981)
- Basic Educational Opportunities (Title IX: 1972–Patsy T. Mink Act)
- Freedom from sexual assault and harassment (2013)
Vigilance to protect and enforce women’s rights continue. Your membership and donations help AAUW in Washington to continue the challenge.